Airbag recall - Honda claiming more Accord's with issue?

MAR387

Reaction score
Hey all -

Well, as most of you probably know Toyota and Honda both have had recalls as of late. For the case of Honda, specifically the 01-02 Accords, there has been a recall for the airbags for a select amount of them. However, now Honda's claiming there are more Accords out there than originally determined that have this airbag issue.

With that said, have any of you taken any measures such as going to a Honda dealership, calling Honda, or anything to see if your car might be problematic? I remember maybe 6 months back using this site - https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/user_profile.asp to see if I had any recalls for my 2001 Accord. At the time I was in the clear but now I am not too sure. Anyone have any stories?

Mike

cajun

Reaction score
DIY section?

I called my dealer when the recall first came out. They said to just keep checking the owner link you posted above. I think that's about all you can do on this issue...that and don't get in a wreck.

eggs

Reaction score
i had it happen on my car the srs light came on and i just called the dealer and they said to just bring it in and they will take care of it

541accord

Reaction score
No the SRS light should only come on during start up for a few seconds then turn off. If its on any other time something is wrong with the system. If it turns on when cornering I would say something is wrong with one of the sensors.

jwong512

Reaction score
I think I got this recall done sometime during the summer. It was the one regarding the airbag in the steering wheel right? Or is there another airbag issue in our cars?

DrOwZee

Reaction score
^^ yea i got mines replace at the stealership during the summer too. i thought it wouldve fixed my srs light being on, but it was still on after they replaced it.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Whew.. I got a 99. Temp gauge and fans worked with OBD1 conversion, luckily, and now I have escaped this recall as well. I'm in luck. Good Honda, good Honda.

At least the stealership replaces it for free, that's a plus. And you are guaranteed a working system.

Back