AMR Coilovers Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMR Engineering

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the moog end links. I fixed it by putting several washers between the end link and the hub bracket. That set the end link back some and more or less clears the shock mount. Very tight fit.

Just took it for a ride and i am very impressed with the handling. The combination of tl rear sway bar, AMR coilover, eibach front bar, and moog endlinks all the way around make the car handle really nasty and nimble. If anyone else was wondering i preloaded my springs by compressing them 1/8in all the way around. So mine being 10k/8k springs i got 68.75 pounds of preload in the front and 56.25pounds of preload in the back. At this setting you couldn't rotate the spring it felt nice and snug. As for the ride height its rocking 25.5" to the fender. Had it lower but was rubbing the wheel well.

As you should be, glad you got everything installed.

Drift

Reaction score
Andy, What internals do these coilovers have? What kind of valving do they use?

AMR Engineering

Reaction score
We use deflective disk valving for OUR monotube dampers which makes for consistant damping and easy repeatable results. Our dampers are one of the few in this price range which can be services and revalved by anyone. We currently have bilstein, penske, and ohilins rebuilders on board who can service them. Ofcourse we can service them as well no problem. We use a 44mm piston w/ a steel body. I make the bodies out of aluminum as well. That's all the info I'm willing to give out. We have also designed it in such a way that any of our rebuilders can also revalve them using there current hardware, and they can actually swap pistons with other manuf. who have 44mm pistons in there line. Basically we can produce any damping curve, and have infinite tunability. :) I work with our shock builders closely to make sure we are producing the best we can as for build quality, and ease of servicing.

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
To bad these weren't coming out 2 years ago BC I would have loved a really stiff spring rate. Sounds like great quality.:thumbsup:

AMR Engineering

Reaction score
You probably just missed us or something cause we been around for almost 6 years, and we have yet to have a blown damper :) I've been providing accord suspension for longer than that. I've been in this business for a total of 12 years!

001Stunna

Reaction score
To the guys that got these and to Andy.
Would it be wise to have a second nut supporting the spring locking nut...hence help support some of the weight the car puts on the spring, the spring transfers to the locking nut and hence the nut to the body threads.

What i mean...ps. pardon the paint made pic.
mmsnzo.jpg

CHID0

Reaction score
What he said....

Looks like the beefy spring perch(and lock mechanism) is equivalent, if not better than the threaded spring perch and locking nut of all the other coils on the market. But hey I'm no suspension expert. :eh:

001Stunna

Reaction score
My main thing on it was that if the screw that tightens the spring locking nut ever snaps, gets lost, or the threads go bad through wear and tear...you still have another locking nut there to keep it from moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back