Blackhousing taillights? 01-02 Sedan

Fritz

Reaction score
Had to replace a back up bulb and noticed the reflectors in my backup / turn signal are flaking very badly. Since I'm planning on doing the front blachouse, any suggestions for fixing the '98 rears? The rest of the reflectors are fine, just the backup / turn.

Conspiracy

Reaction score
Couldn't find any yesterday,thoughtI had some vid, we'll see if I can find them.

I am thinking of doing this. The chrome reflector is all peeling. Makes it look like theres water in there already. I dont see a problem with not having reflectors on the turn signals and reverse.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
don't use a heat gun, i f'ed up one of my taillights and gave up ... the lens on the rear tails is pretty thin ... if i could do it over again i would have used the oven :eusa_doh:

Fritz

Reaction score
So I decided to do something about the flake factory inside my tails...
And for the record, I would go with the oven method on the tails, as FunnyVictor86 said, they are THIN! Be VERY careful when taking them apart.

I used this on top of flat black.
paint.jpg

I haven't done them all, wanted to see what kind of difference in light output there was. Not bad for that little 198 bulb in the tail light.
tail.jpg

tail2.jpg

Last edited:

mollyfmc

Reaction score
That looks pretty neat man. Sweet!!! I wouldn't mind doing it but I'm kinda nervous about putting my tail light in the oven. lol.

Fritz

Reaction score
If this beautiful weather holds, I'll get the rest done tonight / tomorrow and get some final pics posted.

Back