Cleaning up the Classified Section

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
i would prefer sections, although i could see people having to make multiple threads if the want to sell more than one thing and that is more clutter... but it would be easy to just search for lips or wheels or etc, instead of opening every bumped thread to see what is for sale, anf the title gets cut off half the time so its like "2 brand new ksport" cut off

Artistotle

Reaction score
No offense to anyone in particular, but i've noticed that not everyone has the mental capacity to write and maintain a for sale thread properly. The idea on the 1st page with not allowing regular members to make comments isn't a good one because other members will often help the given for sale thread by getting details and answers for stuff that the OP did not properly address in his initial post. also, it helps both the seller and potential buyers see the potential interest in the product, and make requests for things like pictures, which helps motivate the OP. Also gives buyers a chance to mention corrections, or details, or suggestions on pricing, etc..

more sections would be a good idea.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
No offense to anyone in particular, but i've noticed that not everyone has the mental capacity to write and maintain a for sale thread properly. The idea on the 1st page with not allowing regular members to make comments isn't a good one because other members will often help the given for sale thread by getting details and answers for stuff that the OP did not properly address in his initial post. also, it helps both the seller and potential buyers see the potential interest in the product, and make requests for things like pictures, which helps motivate the OP. Also gives buyers a chance to mention corrections, or details, or suggestions on pricing, etc..

more sections would be a good idea.

x2 totally agree. also instead of bumping and people flaming we should close the sale down after 5 pages cause when everyone wrights a thread be very specific on the product and there will be less question less pages , but people should be able to ask questions on the item that is for sale because the seller doesn't specify the product

also we should do like a set up on top of the WTB/WT,FS, should be about the
procuct,
price,
condition/flaws
shipping or no shipping / paypal

if its not in this set up it should be delted so it will teach how to properly do a post/ classified.
so its pretty much like the product post
price
where the got it from
pros
cons

Last edited:

Artistotle

Reaction score
x2 totally agree. also instead of bumping and people flaming we should close the sale down after 5 pages cause when everyone wrights a thread be very specific on the product and there will be less question less pages , but people should be able to ask questions on the item that is for sale because the seller doesn't specify the product

also we should do like a set up on top of the WTB/WT,FS, should be about the
procuct,
price,
condition/flaws
shipping or no shipping / paypal

if its not in this set up it should be delted so it will teach how to properly do a post/ classified.
so its pretty much like the product post
price
where the got it from
pros
cons

Yeah it should be like a standard template for every item. Acurazine does this for car that are for sale, but with more questions. i think this layout you mention is good, but probably a little too much to fit into a thread title/listing. but def at least inside the post.

I saw a scion TC forum once (randomly), and in their section for classified: wheels, next to each thread title was a space to display a picture of one of the wheels you were selling. that was pretty cool and convenient!

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Thanks for the sympathy John hahaha, almost all are back up already but still need to be sorted through.

**** happens, I feel bad for people like Nikita who had a ton of stuff they were selling and now have to re-do the whole thing

What a breed for tangents. I think that the only real problem was that threads got deleted with no notice, but it was accident so it's no one's fault. The way the section was managed and moderated before this happened was perfect, and in my opinion it went smoothly since the adoption of the latest set of rules. I don't think any changes are necessary really.

I do agree though John, your originally proposed method of personal transactions would eliminate lots of BS, including undercutting sales, and useless post-whoring. I just don't think the problem has gotten severe enough yet, or should I say it hasn't become a problem yet even (just my opinion). I'd rather deal on a personal basis than publicly anyways, but then again private transactions don't display any reputation or get any type of advertisement out publicly, so that would be a down side to a seller.

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Thanks for the sympathy John hahaha, almost all are back up already but still need to be sorted through.

What a breed for tangents. I think that the only real problem was that threads got deleted with no notice, but it was accident so it's no one's fault. The way the section was managed and moderated before this happened was perfect, and in my opinion it went smoothly since the adoption of the latest set of rules. I don't think any changes are necessary really.

I do agree though John, your originally proposed method of personal transactions would eliminate lots of BS, including undercutting sales, and useless post-whoring. I just don't think the problem has gotten severe enough yet, or should I say it hasn't become a problem yet even (just my opinion). I'd rather deal on a personal basis than publicly anyways, but then again private transactions don't display any reputation or get any type of advertisement out publicly, so that would be a down side to a seller.

Backdoor sales would be a playground for thieves.

I think THREAD BUMPS from other than the seller should be banned and not allowed, it helps create too much traffic in the thread.

1 bump every two days, that way you dont see the same thing being bumped a billion times while your trying to look for some new stuff.

Moderators need to enforce the picture rule more, there is a thread where other members have linked pictures for the seller because he wouldn't post up pictures. IMO, it poses a threat when a seller is too lazy to display his product.

The good/bad transactions thread is a joke, who wants to sift through a million pages trying to find someone to buy from. There needs to be a better transactions rating for each member.

Last edited:

smoky

Reaction score
The good/bad transactions thread is a joke, who wants to sift through a million pages trying to find someone to buy from. There needs to be a better transactions rating for each member.

totally agree with this! we should have like some sort of bar (like we do now under our sn) that'll would be cool

Back