custom gauge bracket

Chris Vu

Reaction score
How will it be mounted ? I don't see any mounting points on your fab'd bracket

tunerbum147

Reaction score
i mounted mine by drilling two holes on the top part of the bracket where the hole for the gauge isnt and putting two screws into the plastic. if i make a bunch of these up i now know not to make the top so long. i only need about an inch. im heading to my car in a few to take pictures of it mounted. check back in a little.

tunerbum147

Reaction score
okay so here is my bracket. sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. but here it is
mms_picture1.jpg

mms_picture2.jpg

and here is how i mounted it. next time i know to make that piece shorter.
mms_picture3.jpg

the plans for the 6thgenaccord one will take up the whole length of that open area and the mount will be in the middle. if anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear them and feel free to create a new design.

Snoobly

Reaction score
gaugeidea.jpg

Just an idea for those who would like more than one gauge and also the vtec light. seems like it would be a good spot for it. Also, i mounted mine on the little black ledge that is IN the cubby. i don't like drilling holes in my car. link shows what my cheap one looks like and where it is sitting. just there with industrial velcro.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33443

Chris Vu

Reaction score
:seewhatyoudid:

I was thinking, you can just fabricate some gauge pod holes out of fiberglass, and some molds into the panel where you mounted yours. The upper panel of the cubby.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
I'm sorry but... that gauge holder is whack... and extremely ghetto looking... looks like a jacked up cup holder....

Did you just drill into your dash????!?!?!?! I thought this will be some sort of cover for the cubby hole that will hold gauges....

Snoobly

Reaction score
:seewhatyoudid:

I was thinking, you can just fabricate some gauge pod holes out of fiberglass, and some molds into the panel where you mounted yours. The upper panel of the cubby.

are you talkin like where mine is?

tunerbum147

Reaction score
I'm sorry but... that gauge holder is whack... and extremely ghetto looking... looks like a jacked up cup holder....

Did you just drill into your dash????!?!?!?! I thought this will be some sort of cover for the cubby hole that will hold gauges....

the point of this was to see if there was any interest in creating a 6thgenaccord one not to make more of mine for others. sure it may not look the best and those or crappy pictures of it but all i needed was a simple bracket to place my gauge before i came back to college so i make something very functional will the time i had. nothing comes out perfect the first time. it is possible to create some very nice things with the equipment so i wanted to see if anyone showed interest. my bracket was more of a reference to show where it goes and how i mounted it. i took the piece of plastic off and drilled two small holes into it to mount. its a cheap piece so i was not worried. two way tape could also be used for those who dont like to drill holes.

Back