DIY SCS Service Connector and SRS Reset

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
-edit: aw it turned back on... this may be a stupid question, but do you plug back in the MES connecter into the back of the fuse box after you're done or leave it hanging?

The slot that MES connector connects to is an empty slot so you can either reconnect it or leave it hanging. Up to you.

MAR387

Reaction score
Hello all -

Well I have had my SRS light on for about a month or so now. I have been super busy and after talking with Jason (AFAccord), he informed me on how to reset the light. I had a CEL for a while also, which I got fixed and my mechanic scanned my SRS system and there was apparently nothing wrong with it.

The issue is, I can't find this plug to reset the SRS light. I did read towards the end of this thread that some people have the plug connected somewhere, and it must be unplugged to perform this reset. I have a picture of a plug that's yellow and could be possibly be the cord, but I wasn't sure. It was connected into a gray box located below my steering column.

Can this plug be connected somewhere and not necessarily loose, or am I just an idiot and can't find it dangling somewhere underneath there?

Thanks guys.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
that might be the plug your looking for. its the small yellow one near your driverside fuse box

MAR387

Reaction score
Could this be it, that is, the yellow connector?

Attachments

• srslight.jpg
    srslight.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 180

BcjammerX

Reaction score
-edit: aw it turned back on... this may be a stupid question, but do you plug back in the MES connecter into the back of the fuse box after you're done or leave it hanging?

yes, before you start the car. IF the light comes back on, try to notice does it come on after you plug in the seat belt or does it just come on and stay on right after starting? one maybe seatbelt issue, second may be not doing it right.

NOTE: you don't have to wait 4 sec...when the light does it's thing...unplug or plug immediatly...don't wait...just do it. I did and worked like a champ. I used paper clip from floor board :D

Did this...light off. Awesome...thanks

I'm so excited :squintrun: and I just can't hide it :squintrun:

I'm about to lose control :aznrun:....

and I think I like it :squintrun:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
yea it worked fine with my car, but when i tried it on my brothers CD6 but it came back right away

Back