Engine Theory, Build, Etc Discussion.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
well, if you searched you would have found out there are no 6 speed transmissions that bolt up to our engines. i have only heard of one h22 tranny that was 6 gears but it was a full race car and had no reverse

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
well, if you searched you would have found out there are no 6 speed transmissions that bolt up to our engines. i have only heard of one h22 tranny that was 6 gears but it was a full race car and had no reverse

well that my have been the issue... that none bolted up to ours... but how come i read threads on 6 spd swaps??? did they find away to adapt them then but not post it?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I'd like to get these pistons & rings as advertised:
http://www.raceeng.com/p-11770-honda...-bore-set.aspx

Are those rings sufficient for a build, or should I invest in forged rings seperately?

Time for rods. Which rods should I buy? I'd like to maintain a stock, or slightly lower compression for boost. I HAVE shaved 5 thousandths of an inch (0.005") off the head when it was overhauled. How can I compensate for that?

Which rods should I go with?

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
6 speeds from acuras will bolt onto a v6
i has I4...

hence.....why i told you to search

i sowwy great badgery one :ownedrun:

Post post update: gunna go with the OEM 5spd when money comes in, just upgrade fly wheel and clutch,im gunna seach for the review forum on clutch's and fly wheels if we gotz one

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a F23A1 I'm curious if the piston/rod swap with a K20 mentioned earlier is at all applicable for my engine. If not is there an engine that is comparable for better performance parts?

Reaction score
Thanks badger! so you've informed myself and others that an f20 something/ k20 hybrid is a viable possibility. I believe you but can any one attest to the reliability of this block+piston+rod combo?

Back