Engine Theory, Build, Etc Discussion.

Deshon2688

Reaction score
anyone have experience tuning with an AEM FIC? Would those work out of the box on an auto, or would a separate tcu be needed?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Tuning with AEM F/IC has been done on an auto before successfully, but the build was done poorly, and obviously tuning an automatic is highly discouraged.

Deshon2688

Reaction score
Tuning with AEM F/IC has been done on an auto before successfully, but the build was done poorly, and obviously tuning an automatic is highly discouraged.

yeah, when my last AT gave out i couldn't find any way of getting the manual swap done in 2 days and had to throw another auto in since this is my only means of transportation. But, this tranny is brand new so i plan on beating the hell out of it while i still can :darryl:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
yeah, when my last AT gave out i couldn't find any way of getting the manual swap done in 2 days and had to throw another auto in since this is my only means of transportation. But, this tranny is brand new so i plan on beating the hell out of it while i still can :darryl:

Its not really worth boosting an automatic, the gears are SUPER long. I dont even think you would hit 14's with 250+hp.

Deshon2688

Reaction score
Its not really worth boosting an automatic, the gears are SUPER long. I dont even think you would hit 14's with 250+hp.

oh i doubt if i'd boost the auto, this is just to tune period. i bought nasohc's pnp head and im gonna match it up with an h23 IM and would like to get that setup tuned. i will be boosting down the road but not for a while. the main reason i ask is cuz i may be able to pick up an FIC for 50 bucks. a few shops i talked to didnt want to even touch an auto/ tcu obd1 setup, so im just looking for a practical way to get some decent results. and by decent i dont mean fast in any way :jae:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
PM the owner of this thread and he can give you great advice on tuning possibilities with OBDII

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
okay, so i'm planning to pretty much keep the F23A1 stock outside of the usual air intake, header, exhaust combo, and was interested in getting rid my autotragic down the road... what are 6spd options and tranny codes for them? i found this site (another forum)
http://www.hondashowoff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8831
but not all are obviously listed if you go through, and dont worry i have searched around a bit and found parts list, just wanting to know my 6spd options if there are any? mostly looken for ones with best gear and easy to shoehorn combo

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
do some more research.......

try searching 6 speed f23 on here and you will find your answer.

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
do some more research.......

try searching 6 speed f23 on here and you will find your answer.

the f23 is the engine code though... im looking for Trans codes, so i can compair gear ratio's and pro's/con's for each before i make a decision... you know?
its more or less to help clean up and limit what comes through on the search, get more to the point with the searches

Last edited:
Back