F23 Turbo or H22 stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnick

Reaction score
Re: H22 vs. F23 turbo

Sigh......I'll be nice..next time search.

H22 installed can range..depends where you get the motor, where you get it installed, whether you can do it yourself, if you run into problems, etc. Average cost for an H22 swap all said and done would most likely be about 3-3.5 grand. Has it been done for cheaper? Yes. More? Yes.

Now, you said H22 190hp vs Turbo F23 220. Wrong. The H22 has 190 CRANK hp (~165 WHEEL hp). The turbo'ed F23 would have 220 WHEEL hp depending on tune, turbo, boost, etc (that's ~260-270 crank).

A properly installed/tuned turbo on the F motor will last a very long time. Remember, you never know what condition the H22 motor you're getting is in. Yea, sure they can say it's in great condition, but do you really KNOW?

I believe the F23a1 has 9.3:1, F23a4 9:1, and F23a5 (non-vtec) 8.8:1. Now, I could be wrong, but it doesn't really matter because it's not a significant difference that will affect if you can boost. The only thing you might worry about would be the ringlands, that's it.

Does the H22 REALLY have more potential than the F23? Nobody really knows. No one really has fully built an F23 with a big turbo. Stinker over at E-H fully built F23 with a T3/T4 making over 350whp/wtq. Those are very impressive numbers and a very thorough, easy-to-read walkthrough of his build. A member on this site says he is at 510whp on a GT30R, but has no dyno, so we don't know for sure.

Put it this way..if you have money, you can make anything, yes anything fast. You could stroke the F23 to 2.5L with F22 parts' package. You could have a full race block built for you, etc, etc.

Just boost. Everyone that is boosted says that if they could do it all over again, they would've done suspension/wheels/exterior, and then boost.

Boost can be had for under 3 grand as well ;)

Last edited:

Sonnick

Reaction score

Or, you could buy my H23 head, etc. and bolt it to the F23 block (also known as the G23, thanks Roy) and THEN boost :)

Kid2000EX

Reaction score

Put it this way..if you have money, you can make anything, yes anything fast. You could stroke the F23 to 2.5L with F22 parts' package. You could have a full race block built for you, etc, etc.
;)

What website has a stroker kit for the F23 Bryan???

Kid2000EX

Reaction score

I would say do whatever you feel you want to do with your engine build, no matter what you do youll def have more power.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

whoa whoa.. chill guys :redface2:

he's new, and yes he should have searched.. but let's play nice :thumbsup:

edit: thread merged with a similiar one

Last edited:

MAR387

Reaction score
I'm sorry I didn't search, I just figured I would get more direct answers to my questions if I started my own thread. Now for starters, I have KONI yellows and Ground Control coilovers for suspension, 5th gen ex wheels (Was going to get used 17" Axis Touring Cups in white but decided not to because one of the wheels were damages and I didn't know how long they would last), APEXI WSII Cat-back exhaust, and I have a cut down shifter with an Advanced Auto Parts shift knob (I used to work there haha). I'm currently a college student and I don't have a lot of money so it would take me a little while to accumulate $3000 but it's do-able. I was planning on turboing my motor a while back but I got kicked out of my house and I got into a financial situation (Long story).

Anyways, I bought the exhaust to hopefully use it to turbo the engine, so now I just need to save up but I don't want to be replacing the motor/rebuilding every 50k miles which I have heard that I would probably have to do. If I could get 100k miles out of it before having to rebuild or anything then I'd do it (Of course this is hypothetical). I really appreciate all the quick responses and stuff, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back