H/o Alternator ?

kcollazo86

Reaction score
Since you are pulling that much current, you should really think about adding a secondary battery in the back of your car.

I say this because with the amps you have, you are really making your alternator work overtime since the one you have right now is most likely stock and cannot put out enough amperage to keep up with the pull of the amps. If you were to get a secondary battery and a high output alt, you would be set. You should get a bigger alt then just 170 if you can.

My best advice on an alternator would be to look into DC Power... http://www.dcpowerinc.com/

The clipping you are seeing is most likely caused from voltage drop.

14.2 and with the system on 14.1

xx24xx

Reaction score
I'm having a great exerence with Stinger batteries and Ohio alternator. I won't talk cap about other brands, but I can say they have been in business a lot longer than some and customer service is always top notch.

Ohio made an alt from a prelude for me and it does about 200a. I have a sp1000 up front and a spv1000 in back. I'm pulling about 3k watts and it works great. It doesn't have a lot of reserve for pounding it, but I will upgrade to a 2150 for that soon.

eggyhustles

Reaction score
The electrical in the accord is that weak? i'd say add another battery

i'm still using the stock alt in my 03 tl's with a sundown 3500, and 2 mb quart dsc amps.

PaulD

Reaction score
The actual amount of current draw for a stereo playing MUSIC is not nearly as much as you think. Probably averages 1/10 of the fuse rating most of the time. This does not apply to heavy bass music.

kcollazo86

Reaction score
i just would want to know how many amps would i need for my H/o Alternator im not really trying to use a 2nd battery i dont think in my opinion my system is that big to be runing 2 batteries plus thats putting more strain on my alternator to charge 2 batteries and w.e else my car uses up..

My setup is

2 10" Ev Midbass woofers on the deck
2 6 1/2 Beymas loudspeaker
2 Titanium bullet tweeters

2 10" MTX 500W subs

Soundstream trx 880.4 \\\\ 3 30amp fuses
sony explode 1000.2 \\\ 2 40amp fuses

Back