Horray new dyno numbers come look

Hlover

Reaction score
theaccordia the thing is his his car is meant for the track as well as the street. For all I now this guy is a pioneer for the F23 which has been for the most part written off. Demon5spd go ahead man said:
well actually I disagree with I think that he already prove people wrong with the fact that he got 300 to the wheels. I just think that why waste so much more money to try and accomplish what he already did. Its not like if he slaps on a turbo he will automatically get over 300HP plus turbos are very sensitive you got to always be on top of them making sure that every things is working right. Don't get me wrong i like turbos just like the next guy but if I 189 HP all the time and with a push of a button I had 300+HP I would be happy. I think having to much HP on the streets is just calling for trouble its to tempting to try and race everybody you see. Demon5sp this is what I think you had a hell of a fast car before the 125 shot so now you have an extremely hell of a fast car so be happy with it man. Also cant weight to see some knew track times I'm pretty sure you will be in the 11's and im my opinion that is very good. Hell that is faster then and evo 8 so good luck man.

theaccordian

Reaction score
anyone can slap on a nitrous kit on any engine and get power, thers not much skill in that. Also the fact that the power is temporary, its only there as long as your bottle is full. Demon5spd has shown that he's fully capable of tuning and caring for an engine properly.Im sure he can tune his engine for boost properly. based on the fact that he's spraying an 100+ shot on a 100,000+ mile motor and hasnt blown it yet, is a feat within itself.

Modding an engine that was designed to be "efficient" in the first place is not cost effective in itself. Also refilling the bottle isnt cheap either. the fact is, 300 hp is 300 hp, but how you get there is the point im trying to make. Buillding a boosted engine is alot more gratifying than spraying the sh*t out of it, which doesnt take much skill in the first place.

so i'll politley agree to disagree.

Hlover

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
anyone can slap on a nitrous kit on any engine and get power, thers not much skill in that. Also the fact that the power is temporary, its only there as long as your bottle is full. Demon5spd has shown that he's fully capable of tuning and caring for an engine properly.Im sure he can tune his engine for boost properly. based on the fact that he's spraying an 100+ shot on a 100,000+ mile motor and hasnt blown it yet, is a feat within itself.

Modding an engine that was designed to be "efficient" in the first place is not cost effective in itself. Also refilling the bottle isnt cheap either. the fact is, 300 hp is 300 hp, but how you get there is the point im trying to make. Buillding a boosted engine is alot more gratifying than spraying the sh*t out of it, which doesnt take much skill in the first place.

Ok I agree with you in that yes he might know how to take care of his engine properly but my point is why turbo it now. Why spend more money to get the same results? even if the spray only last you but so long really how often is he going to need 300+HP on the street. 189HP is plenty to get you from 0 to 70 in a very fast time. Now if he was to live in germany and drove on the autobahn all the time then ok haveing 300+ would be a good idea but living here in the us you dont need that. Gas is to expensive to be wasting just for no reason and turbo cars like to use lots of gas. Like I said I like turbos to but I will not like to drive one all the time because all I would really end up with is lots of speeding ticket or street racing tickets. Because i know that I would be racing every mother fuker out ther that thought less of me cuz I drive an accord. Hell I know everybody here if they had that much power would be doing the same thing taking down all those kids in civics and integras that think they are bad a$$.

HandoEX

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
Buillding a boosted engine is alot more gratifying than spraying the sh*t out of it, which doesnt take much skill in the first place.

So how is it more "gratifying" to build a car for turbo than it is to build one for nitrous? This guy is not just "spraying the ****" out of his car either as spraying a shot this big requries a built motor, fuel delivery and management upgrades, and tuning. Both turbo and nitrous are power adders that require tuning and preparing the engine to handle the extra strain and pressure. IMO, it sounds like you are comparing someone who has a tuned and built turbo Accord with someone who has an Accord with just a bolt-on 75 shot of nitrous and nothing else. Apples to oranges.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
this is a nice thread.

i agee with HandoEX saying that this Accord isn't just an bolt-on with Nitrous. it's an engine that was probably built with Nitrous in mind. the same results would not show up if I bolted on a nitrous system now with I/H/E/, i would not get 189WHP and I would no longer have a functioning F23 if i sprayed as much as this car that was built did. notice how everytime one of us mentions Nitrous on the post, we ask serious questions like "how big a shot should i spray" "do i need X." we know a stock internal engine is not going to respond well to nitrous, but THIS CAR is built to respond more than well with nitrous.

that's my two-cent. i believe this is a car built with nitrous in mind, understanding the possibilities of what can go wrong with nitrous, and taking the necessary internal precautions to preserve and prolong the life of the engine itself.

theaccordian

Reaction score
whats necessary for a nitrous build? a cai and colder plugs? :confused: who cant do that. If anyone thinks that a nitrous build is on the same level as a turbo build, go ask notoriousb on e-h or retroshark.

as for the 189 whp, that came from cams, boring the head, bolts ons and a tune. thats an NA build, not a "nitrous" build

In a nutshell, all im saying is nitrous, even though its great bang for the buck, is temporary, a quick fix, kinda like a band aid. But turbo the power is always there whenever you need it. its permanent power. you can turn down the boost for DD and raise it when you wanna do some freeway runs or take it to the track.

I like to compare nitrous to steroids its a quick fix and gets results, but its the easy way out, cheating, and has side effects in the end. Where an NA or turbo build is hard work, where you earn every bit of power you gained.

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
id have to agree on this. yes, nitrous adds power for cheap (relatively compared to a turbo system), but when your bottles out...well...

a turbo is always there for a short burst whenever you feel like it. im not a nitrous person (never considered owning it), but its different strokes for different folks.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
yeah it's an NA built.
but if i'm using just CAI and colder plugs, EVERYTHING ELSE STOCK, like i said before, after the shot that he put in his engine, mine would be dead. i will be driving cherolegs.

my point is this, he did make a build, N/A or not. it was a built that was NOT a stock engine, and was capable of handling nitrous. capable of using that shot of nitrous freely without potential for internal damage.

i'm not opposed to nitrous or turbo. i'm not favoring one or another. if i had it my way, N/A all the way. it's just that like some people said before, nitrous is good because you're not going to be speeding past everything that comes at you down the street/track/highway all the time.

HandoEX

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
whats necessary for a nitrous build? a cai and colder plugs? :confused: who cant do that. If anyone thinks that a nitrous build is on the same level as a turbo build, go ask notoriousb on e-h or retroshark.

as for the 189 whp, that came from cams, boring the head, bolts ons and a tune. thats an NA build, not a "nitrous" build

In a nutshell, all im saying is nitrous, even though its great bang for the buck, is temporary, a quick fix, kinda like a band aid. But turbo the power is always there whenever you need it. its permanent power. you can turn down the boost for DD and raise it when you wanna do some freeway runs or take it to the track.

I like to compare nitrous to steroids its a quick fix and gets results, but its the easy way out, cheating, and has side effects in the end. Where an NA or turbo build is hard work, where you earn every bit of power you gained.
You go ahead and bolt on a 125 shot with a CAI and colder plugs and then talk to me when you need a new motor :) Wow, I can't even beleive that someone like you would think that plugs and an intake are all you need for a nitrous build. That is plain ridiculous!

You make it sound like nitrous is just a slap and go thing with whatever shot you wish to use. I could easily bolt on a turbo and run a couple pounds of boost without touching the engine just like I could buy a nitrous kit and bolt it on while running a 75 shot. Does that mean that I can run a 125 shot or a 67 trim@12lbs without any problems? Of course not. Both are power adders, both can be bolt ons without any further modifications, and both can be used to add REAL power that requires REAL work be done.

Back