Horray new dyno numbers come look

theaccordian

Reaction score
HandoEX said:
You go ahead and bolt on a 125 shot with a CAI and colder plugs and then talk to me when you need a new motor :) Wow, I can't even beleive that someone like you would think that plugs and an intake are all you need for a nitrous build. That is plain ridiculous!

You make it sound like nitrous is just a slap and go thing with whatever shot you wish to use. I could easily bolt on a turbo and run a couple pounds of boost without touching the engine just like I could buy a nitrous kit and bolt it on while running a 75 shot. Does that mean that I can run a 125 shot or a 67 trim@12lbs without any problems? Of course not. Both are power adders, both can be bolt ons without any further modifications, and both can be used to add REAL power that requires REAL work be done.

a cai and colder plugs is all you need to use nitrous. I did not specify what kinda shot, I know many guys that have used a 75 shot on their engine with just bolts ons and plugs.hell you can run a low shot of nitrous on a completely stock motor. Now youre trying to compare that to a turbo build with low psi as the same degree of difficulty. now that is ridiculous. seriously, ask turbo owners how "easy" their "bolt on" turbo was.

now lets use demon5spd as an example. what exactly is "required" to use a 100+ shot of nitrous.

nitrous build:

Bolt ons
forged pistons
forged rods
fuel pump
chipped ecu + good tune

now lets look at retrosharks part list for a turbo build:

F23a 2.3l Vtec Motor
F22 Intake Manifold and Fuel Rail
Garrett t3-super60 Turbo
Tial 35mm Wastegate
HKS Super-Sequential Blowoff-Valve
Flowmatched DSM 450cc injectors
Spooling Performance Manifold
Hallman Manual Boost Controller
Xenocron 225lph In-Tank Fuel Pump
CCA Custom Intercooler
Custom Aluminum Charge Piping
Signal Oil Catch Can
Stealthmode Oil Lines and Fittings
OBD1 Honda Injector Box
XTD Stage 2 Clutch
XTD Lightweigt 10lbs FLywheel
Chipped P28 ECU Running Uberdata
OBDII-OBDI Conversion Harness
APEXi Super Mega-Flow Air Filter
Open Dump

not including all the work and parts needed when he builds his bottom end.

sounds easy huh?

Last edited:

HandoEX

Reaction score
It's not worth any more time explaining it to you but I'll just say that just becaue Retroshark went all out doesn't mean that people don't go all out on nitrous builds.

theaccordian

Reaction score
I just wanna point out that this is a debate, i wanna stick to the topic and by no means want it to become personal.I feel that its heading in that direction, so ill nip it in the bud.

But the point im making is this. the minimum amount of work and parts required to use nitrous (small shot) is less when compared to the minimum amount of work and parts required to turbo (low psi)

Egi7

Reaction score
demon5spd, good job on your all motor build, but ive got just a few questions. What is your compression, what are the specs on your gude cam (duration, lift), and how extensive is your port work?. 189 hp is nice, I just want to see the detailed specs on how you achieved it.

peace

theaccordian

Reaction score
thanks for putting back on topic lol.

heres the description form gude's website:

DESCRIPTION: Strong power to redline
POWER BAND 5000 RPM To 7200 RPM
IDLE: Good
SPECIFICATIONS:
Intake LIFT - .400 DURATION - 262

Exhaust LIFT - .412 DURATION - 232

and according to them you dont need to upgrade springs and retainers

also im guessing he has stock or lower compression, since he got his pistons from a guy doing a turbo build.

I bet high comp pistons could bring the F23 to 200whp NA!!! :eek:

Last edited:

Egi7

Reaction score
Depending on the trim f23 he has, it would be either 9:3(if its non-ulev) or less(if it is ulev). That is pretty low for a 189 hp accord, and the gude cam specs, seem to be a pretty mild grind from judging by the specs, low exhaust lobe duration with mild lift. I would say that the cams specs seem pretty reasonable, but low compression ie: 9:3 or lower is really pushin it for NA, without some very extensive port work or tuning. Not downing his motor one bit, just trying to put the pieces together.

-peace

theaccordian

Reaction score
of course im just speculating on his compression ratio. I just put two and two togehter. the pistons were meant for a turbo build, so im assuming their low comp.

Egi7

Reaction score
Hopefullly, he can clear this up.

Crono139

Reaction score
I bet it's the stock compression ratio.

8.?:1 compression is very hard to tune compared to stock at 9.3:1

Egi7

Reaction score
The reason iam asking the specs is because, Pirate, who did the G23 (f23/h23) hybrid, pulled 183hp 171tq on the first build. That dyno was done with F23 block, H23 Dohc head, crower stage 3 cams("which are very aggressive"), 12:1 compression, and full bolt ons. Then he switched to the f22b DOHC head, with 11.7 compression, with the same mods, and pulled 200hp 183tq with pretty good tuning. It just seems a little off, that you are getting 189 hp, with just a Gude cam, fuel pump, throttle body, forged rods and pistons with stock compression. Like I said before, i love your enthusiasm and dyno results with nitrous, but some things are left hanging about the N/A portion. There is no doubt that the H23 or F22b DOHC head flows better than a F23 head, and without high compression its very hard to pull 189 hp out of the f23. My opinion is that an f23 would need at least 10:5 compression, a pretty aggressive cam with some real vtec lobes ground, decent port work, of course bolt ons with a good header and tune. Iam not saying you dont make the power, iam just hoping you expound on your build and prove me wrong. Good job on the dyno plot with the nitrous, 310 hp an 310tq is real nice.

-peace

Back