LED Bulb Size

Bax

Reaction score
Re: LED Bubl Size

Haha okay it'll be ONE, ZILLION, DORRARRSS :jae:

Each situation requires a different resistor, so i don't think they make them like that. It's not hard though, just figure out what resistor you need.

I used 470ohm 1/2W resistors for my shifter trim.
The leds from SBL will be 3.4 or 3.6 volts, i can't remember exactly, but you take that, subtract it from the 12~14 volts your battery provides, and divide that number, which should be roughly 8 point something, by the current of the led which is 20 mA (0.020) and you get something close to 420. which when you average up to the next size resistor you get 470 ohms. :)

Nguyen916

Reaction score

I'm thinking about changing all my bulbs to led, but for some reason my map light doesn't turn on when i press it, but does when i open either the driver or passenger mirror. I've checked in my sister civic but it seems to work like it should when you click it without having to open the mirror. I tried changing the bulb out and it still isn't working like it should, so will an led fix this or do i have a bad ground of some sort? any help would be appreciated.

HomerJay

Reaction score

All I’ve bought from them so far are bulbs for the clock and HVAC LCD’s. They were 3mm and 5mm NEOx LED Instrument bulbs, respectively. I ordered both the NEOx-x and NEOx-xHP versions, but found that the NEOx-x lit up the screen better because of the diffuser it has. The xHP’s have the one direction facing LED which didn’t work too well inside the small housings when it came to illuminating the displays...I think they'd be better used elsewhere.
I just got my order of LEDs in from SBL and realized I should have gotten the x-x for 3mm applications (cruise control, clock, sunroof). Only tried the cruise control and while an x-xHP bulb works great for the "on" indicator since there is a light tube between the bulb and the button, the "CRUISE" text is red on both sides and dark in the middle. Looks like I'm going to be placing another order.

If the WLED-xHP5 (168 wedge) bulb I got for the trunk is any indicator, they should work well in the gauge cluster.

I previously did LED Automotive solder LEDs for the climate control bulbs in blue with matching Speedhut overlays. After two years, the Speedhut overlays are shot so new gauges are on the way and am going red throughout. Well, other than the white "selected" LEDs I changed on the climate control (above the buttons). Those are staying white.

truWarier02

Reaction score

Interior.jpg

ohmygawd, that is beautiful. Those chrome/titanium knobs look so dope! So does the lighting.

Do digital climates only come in v6 models or something?

Mikey

Reaction score

Bax, where can the bulbs for the vanity mirrors be found? Are they drop-ins or solders?

And like Chris said, the HVAC bulbs are drop-ins. At least thats what I plan on using.

I dont like SUPER bright gauges. I just want the cripness and clarity that come with LEDs.

Bax

Reaction score

If the WLED-xHP5 (168 wedge) bulb I got for the trunk is any indicator, they should work well in the gauge cluster.
Um... :eh: Yeah....that's what I have in mine.... :eh:

ohmygawd, that is beautiful. Those chrome/titanium knobs look so dope! So does the lighting.

Do digital climates only come in v6 models or something?[/QUOTE]
I know :wub:
As rude and arrogant as shenaniganz is sometimes, you have to admit he DOES know what he's doing. I have learned a lot simply by reading what he posts here and mostly over at v6p. He definitely has my respect.

I think the Climate Control comes in the ex models... i think. :thinking: Don't quote me on that, though.

[quote="Mikey, post: 826086"]Bax, where can the bulbs for the vanity mirrors be found? Are they drop-ins or solders?

And like Chris said, the HVAC bulbs are drop-ins. At least thats what I plan on using.

I dont like SUPER bright gauges. I just want the cripness and clarity that come with LEDs.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&category=CAR&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2FF30-WHP.htm[/url] Fuse Type Festoon Bulb. :) You will need 4 of these. Two for each mirror.

I am just going to do the soldering method of the A/C controls. It ends up better quality, but it just takes a long time and you have to be patient. I have a lot of resistors left over, and a few leds left over from when I fabricated an led strip for my floor shifter, so I'll just mess around with that, hopefully I'll get some time for it soon. Even lighting/no hotspots FTW. :D

Oh and btw, to evenly distribute the light even more, and to help dim the light a little bit, just use plain white copy paper from a printer. I had to cut out 3 strips to lay between my leds and my shifter indicator so that it wasn't so bright and so that the light would disperse better. I was going to put it behind my gauge face, but I got lazy. It didn't really need it though, but If you don't want it too bright, this would be a helpful tip to remember.

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score

Um... :eh: Yeah....that's what I have in mine.... :eh:

I know :wub:
As rude and arrogant as shenaniganz is sometimes, you have to admit he DOES know what he's doing. I have learned a lot simply by reading what he posts here and mostly over at v6p. He definitely has my respect.

I think the Climate Control comes in the ex models... i think. :thinking: Don't quote me on that, though.

Yeah, that's a real clean setup he has/had. If I didn't know better, I would think that was an interior from a post-2005 car haha.

And nah, because I have an 02 EX-L and it's not digital.

Bax

Reaction score

Yeah, that's a real clean setup he has/had. If I didn't know better, I would think that was an interior from a post-2005 car haha.

And nah, because I have an 02 EX-L and it's not digital.
I know right? haha I love the reverse polarization he did on his lcd odometer and clock.

Well that's weird. :eh: Now I'm confused. lol

Mikey

Reaction score

The AC like what shenanz has is a v6 EX thing. Maybe even coupe thing...?

Bax, thanks for the link and the tips.

Bax

Reaction score

The AC like what shenanz has is a v6 EX thing. Maybe even coupe thing...?

Bax, thanks for the link and the tips.

No problem, man.
Feel free to rep. :thumbsup:

Back