oil leak?! how to find it?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Your rings are tired man, that's all there is to it.

With that compression rating his rings are perfect.

5w30 is a fine weight of oil to use, if u want to go thicker go 5w40 instead of 30.

Let me remind you, incase your reading your oil dipstick improperly. The lower and upper dot only accounts for 1 qrt of oil. For example, if your right in between the two dots. Your a half qrt low. If you are on the lower dot, you are 1 qrt low. If you dont see anything on the dip stick, you are now starving your engine of oil.

GL

Drift

Reaction score
With that compression rating his rings are perfect.

5w30 is a fine weight of oil to use, if u want to go thicker go 5w40 instead of 30.

Let me remind you, incase your reading your oil dipstick improperly. The lower and upper dot only accounts for 1 qrt of oil. For example, if your right in between the two dots. Your a half qrt low. If you are on the lower dot, you are 1 qrt low. If you dont see anything on the dip stick, you are now starving your engine of oil.

GL

No, they're not. If there is oil on top of the piston, the compression test will still show good numbers.

xmsleepr

Reaction score
yea its right under the bottom dot, would i benefit from like lucas oil additive or something?

Drift

Reaction score
yea its right under the bottom dot, would i benefit from like lucas oil additive or something?

No, all that stuff is garbage. What weight oil are you running now? You should try a 10w-40 and see how that works.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
No, they're not. If there is oil on top of the piston, the compression test will still show good numbers.

Oh, well nobody mentioned it was a WET compression test. So yeah, what are the #'s before adding oil. That's what I want to know.

I wouldnt add any additive crap to your car. If your right below the dot, you're a little more than 1 qrt short.

9450erick

Reaction score
does everybody burn oil when they haul a**
i do that all the time and im loosing oil to
i did starve the engine of 2 quarts of oil nd pushed it hard without even knowing i was starving the engine.(f**ken dealership) until i finally checked. it was 2 late though
im also running royal purple(10W-30)
is there no fix for the rings without just replacing them

Last edited:

MrLazie1

Reaction score
does everybody burn oil when they haul a**
i do that all the time and im loosing oil to
i did starve the engine of 2 quarts of oil nd pushed it hard without even knowing i was starving the engine.(f**ken dealership) until i finally checked. it was 2 late though
im also running royal purple(10W-30)
is there no fix for the rings without just replacing them

hondas are known to burn a quart or two of oil with hard driving.
you will most likely need a rebuild if you're burning a lot of oil.

cajun

Reaction score
10w30 castrol black bottle

You could try switching from your full synth to a high mileage oil like Valvoline Maxlife synth blend. It's not going to solve your problem since you're losing a quart/1K miles, but it may slow it down.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Mobile one is great. I switched in my cars a year ago, the first oil change it got dirty pretty fast. The second one....i can still see through the dipstick after 4,300 miles. Dont believe all those myths about switching...

Back