Opinions: F20B Superchargered

mlopezcg69

Reaction score
AFaccord thanx for the input going to look more into that H22 trans swap. As for living in NYC having a turbo on a Honda accord or civic well get ur ur sh!t got in time. At some areas maybe not but BK, BX, Qn, Man... yea if ur in one of the Islands no. (Long Island etc...) or have a drive way, Garage kept. And I'm not trying to come across as than @sshole...

mlopezcg69

Reaction score
I been thinking about this H22 tranny running in the F23 engine and want to know more plus i'll looking into the low sounding blowout valve. When I first bought the first was looking into a turbo kit. I'm not one to run out a just start buying parts wit out reseaching if anyone one can point me in the right direction much thanxs...

iHazSnail

Reaction score
ever been to RPM in Queens? thats not an island right? they deal with drag civics and tegs that are 10second cars TURBOED! also, like someone said that a supercharger whines 24/7.
you know what, i'm just not gonna bother no more with this lol.
do whatever makes you happy.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could always try and make a procharger kit fit. They used to sell universal 4cyl kits. All you really need is a custom bracket to mount the compressor and pullies on.

S-spec

Reaction score
The way I see it is this:

- An F20b is just a de-stroked H22 with less aftermarket support.

- Going from the F23 to the F20b is going down in torque. I'm not familiar with the F20b's gear ratios, but it's safe to say that an Accord with stock F23 with an H23/H22 transmission will pull harder than an Accord with an F20b swap.

It's basically a torque to gearing game. F20b will have better gearing, but less torque. Unless you're after it for the "whoa that's an F20b!" factor, and want to be part of the "swapped and still slow" club, you'd get better results swapping an H22. Then at least you'd have more aftermarket support.

As far as a turbo being noisy and drawing unwanted attention, that's false. There are quieter blow-off valves available than what most people buy, because most people want the attention. Also, a turbo'd car will be much quieter on the intake AND exhaust side than an all-motor car (especially a high revving small displacement F20b or H22) because the exiting exhaust and incoming air both must travel through the turbine housings. Don't forget that superchargers whine constantly when ever you're on the throttle.

Just some food for thought.

Absolutely not. The F20B has the same gear ratios as an USDM H22 with an LSD. Less torque, perhaps, but we are talking about POWERBAND here when it comes to pulls. Around town, sure, the F23 will be more pleasant to drive, but in terms of quicker? The F20B wins. Take this from somebody with an original manual F20B who has raced a stock F23 with an H22 (non-LSD) transmission, stock Accords, and Preludes (among other things...)

Also, my F20B Accord is faster than H22 Ludes on the highway, AND 1/4 mile. With a good tune, I put down 178 WHP and 146 WTQ.... that torque number is supposed to be at the motor for the F20B...And thats just with I/H/Free flowing Exhaust.

Not too sure about your swapped and still slow club. I sure as hell am not a member.

On another note, I wouldn't supercharge or turbocharge an F20B. Its already 11.5:1 compression. (Or was it 11, can't remember)...It sorta defeats the idea of having an F20B in the first place. You CAN, but the gas bill for 93/94 octane, I don't want to live with...

EDIT: Here check this out. http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12732

Last edited:

MAR387

Reaction score
Let me chime in. There's an on going debate with what's the "best" swap for our cars. #1 if you're willing to spend the time, and F23 NA is the way to go. AFAccord is a perfect example of this. He has less than 2k in his engine believe and he's putting down 169WHP, that's with minimal upgrades. The thing that kills the F23 is the restrictive exhaust system and most importantly, the transmission.

Now towards what S-Spec mentioned, I imagine that you spend at least $2500 for your f20b swap, that's not including any bolt-ons, drive train parts, or anything else. That may be understated. You only have 5-8WHP, depends on environment differences and dyno, from you f20B vs. AFAccord's f23a1. The big thing is he has at least 10ft. of torque on you. For the money, AFAccord car is better spent and I wouldn't be surprised if he took you from a dig, from a roll, that may different.

I think you speak a big game with a $2500 engine swap and still running, at best, high 14's.

Last edited:

nyknick1015

Reaction score
like i said, its illegal to mod ur firewall so teh supercharger is a nogo... so all ur gonan get is a f20b.. better to turbo if u want better numbers and u'll get more torque while ur at it...

if u do, u will never pass inspection unless u have a buddy thats in

Back