Opinions: F20B Superchargered

AFAccord

Reaction score
Thats not what I asked.

lol everyone here's getting butt-hurt. The only point I was trying to make with my first post is that in terms of a swap, even though it's a little more, you get more engine with the H22 vs the F20b.

I have driven a car with an F20b, but it wasn't a heavy Accord. I can't particularly say I was impressed with the F20b in a F2B swapped hatch vs a simple LSVTEC swap in the same car. They were both torqueless.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not getting butt hurt at all. I've argued for and against all motors mentioned in various situations. Just depends on what you intend to use it for IMO.

S-spec

Reaction score
The main problem with F20B swaps is the ECU. Most people use an H22 ecu, which is at best a good base map, but in NO way anywhere NEAR what the F20B needs to run optimal. I used an H22 as a starting map when I tuned my motor, and believe me when I say that the changes made to the map were BIG.I have personally seen 4 F20B swaps and different gen Accords running H22 ecus. The guys at the JDM shops had done an F20B swap in a CB7 Accord with an H22 ecu, and when I gave the guy a ride in my car he was really surprised at the difference.

Another problem is finding an authentic manual version. The autos came with 180 hp, and there is a VISIBLE difference between the auto and manual cams, along with the auto throttle body being a **** load smaller. None of this is speculation, by the way. I have personally compared, side by side, the cams of an auto and a manual, along with the TB. The pistons are the same in both. If the manual transmission isn't attached to the motor when you pick up an F20B, it came from an automatic car.

S-spec

Reaction score
well s-spec... your not the only one whos driven a f20b accord.

Allow me to restate and be politically correct. Most people in this thread haven't driven an F20B. Happy now? :jerkit:

I was stating just to make a point.

mxmaniacx250

Reaction score
i know man im just busting your balls. you the man tho. the motor is running great now.

and i second everything that s-spec said about the f20b. its true

MAR387

Reaction score
The stupidity in this thread and forum is overwhelming.

GlassJAw

Reaction score
So what options were narrowed down for the supercharger??
Jackson Racing do superchargers for the B-Series engines (not sure about the F20B??), problem with them though is they dont have intercoolers and the engines have problems with heat soak.
Vortex would be an option I guess, theres a Civic where I live thats running a Supercharger of a Toyota Levin / Trueno through an intercooler and into his H22A. Was ( I say WAS as it was stolen shortly after completion) tuned with a Crome chipped OBD1 P72 ECU.

Itsjeffdude

Reaction score
So I drive a 2001 Accord Coupe with a freshly swapped f20b & t2t4 lsd 5spd. I chose the f20b because it has a sleeved block, which is way more reliable than an H series block. I am very happy with my f20b. It pulls hard & that rev limit is amazing. It's my daily & I thoroughly enjoy it. I was considering a supercharger as well. Though this thread didn't help with that....

Back