Opinions: F20B Superchargered

AFAccord

Reaction score
Have you ever had an F20B Accord? Everybody seems to say its a waste.

Right now I am putting an H23 into the Accord for winter in case my beater blows up (which is very likely). I'll let you guys know personally how it feels comapared to the F20B. (It's being mated to the F20B tranny, so thats not a factor)

I wouldn't call it a waste, it's just not as cost effective as swapping an H or building the F. :)

We could all put an end to this if you just make a pass at the strip. :deal:

EDIT: BTW, that H23 would destroy the F20b in a race. :p

Last edited:

S-spec

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a waste, it's just not as cost effective as swapping an H or building the F. :)

We could all put an end to this if you just make a pass at the strip. :deal:

EDIT: BTW, that H23 would destroy the F20b in a race. :p

I would, but its too late in the season, and the F20B is already out. And no way in hell would the H23 beat the F20B :booty::p

AFAccord

Reaction score
I would, but its too late in the season, and the F20B is already out. And no way in hell would the H23 beat the F20B :booty::p

You're using the same transmission?? Does this H23 have 200,000 miles on it?? Given your luck with H23's, it probably wouldn't beat a d15 swapped Accord. :jae:

MAR387

Reaction score
If the F20B was such a worthy engine, why did you already have to replace it once and why are you replacing yet again with an H23 platform? Doesn't make sense to me.

MAR387

Reaction score
No, I just don't like seeing the disrespect towards the F23.

S-spec

Reaction score
If the F20B was such a worthy engine, why did you already have to replace it once and why are you replacing yet again with an H23 platform? Doesn't make sense to me.

Well then...

I replaced my first engine because I was an idiot and used spark plugs that were too hot. AKA, I melted a spark plug and ****ed up a cylinder. NOW, I am swapping out my F20B because I need a motor in my Accord in case my winter beater blows up. I don't want to have to start my F20 in -30 degrees Celsius and cause unneeded wear, not to mention that I have no coolant heating the intake manifold to help with driving on cold days.

Where I live, we actually get snow, and ****LOADS of it. :canada:

Make enough sense for you now?

PS - As soon as the H23 is running, I am going to race my buddies 2005 V6 Accord who I walked away from on the highway with the F20B. We'll see how I fare with the H23 and get some relative answers :)

PPS - As far as the F20B being "such a worthy" engine, I just find it funny that everybody in this thread has NEVER driven one. (other than me...)

Back