Quad Retros - 8/20/2012

blackcord

Reaction score
Well it's about time Judy! Looks noice! The only thing I dont like is the amber/white flash switchbacks. I prefer the amber/off flash. But other than that, it looks sweet.

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
Finally finished! Looks good but I think they would look better with the clear strips. Imo the amber doesn't go well with the purple.
Finally!!! Lols!! That was my initial thought - orange+purple=? - but I went with the oem =)

Look great!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks! =)

Well it's about time Judy! Looks noice! The only thing I dont like is the amber/white flash switchbacks. I prefer the amber/off flash. But other than that, it looks sweet.
Thanks!! I like the switchback, it's different lol

Hek yeah that looks so awsome!!!!:jealousbow:
Sphanxxxx!

Looks good from what I can tell.

In for better photos. :)
stay tuned for better pics :)
Thanks! lol photos are up, thanks to monkeyv6

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Definitely hawt. I think it would look better overall w/o the eyelids though.

Are the lowbeam cutoff shields still purple? Maybe the photo just loses that detail. I want to paint mine, just not sure how to, and I hate taking apart my retros lol.

I can't decide whether I think the purple shroud clashes with the amber strips or not...:thinking:

Really awesome though, I need to watch those vids now that I'm not at work anymore.

EDIT: Just watched em. Output looks awesome, got any cutoff photos? Btw those high beam ballasts are going to die pretty fast unless you change how things function.

Last edited:

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
Good work, they look great!
thanks!

Definitely hawt. I think it would look better overall w/o the eyelids though.

Are the lowbeam cutoff shields still purple? Maybe the photo just loses that detail. I want to paint mine, just not sure how to, and I hate taking apart my retros lol.

I can't decide whether I think the purple shroud clashes with the amber strips or not...:thinking:

Really awesome though, I need to watch those vids now that I'm not at work anymore.

EDIT: Just watched em. Output looks awesome, got any cutoff photos? Btw those high beam ballasts are going to die pretty fast unless you change how things function.
Really? I like the eyelids lol gives it an aggressive look imo. =)

Yup, the shroud is still purple, I guess I gotta get a closer up picture of it to show the purple.

At first I was the same with the orange and purple situation, but after awhile I got used to it and it kinda grew on me lol

I haven't got the chance to get cut off photos yet but soon =P

How come the high beam ballasts are going to die fast?

LeAccord

Reaction score
I like the eyelids. Amber strip looks nice, but I think i'd prefer clear strip and amber corner strip :)

Any ballast will die quickly from constantly being turned on and off, can't exactly explain why but its just bad because of the amount of power that flows into the ballasts every time you flick it on.. I'm sure someone else can explain it better than I can, lol.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Retro looks great, Judy.

Glad you and Frank have been able to get this up and running and working with no problems.

Now I know mine will work just fine as well! :lawl:

Hopefully we won't have the foglight situation, though!

Back