Stretch tires air leakage question

Stee-Bo

Reaction score
so i have stretched tires, after a 2 hr drive i had 10 psi left which freaked me out, i pumped it back up to 45 psi, and i tried to hear air hissing, but i didnt

my question is, with stretched tires and being low when you hit a bump, does air leak out or something. I mean it held the air for like a few days before it dropped to 10 psi

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score
The air being held for a few days and then getting dropped to 10 psi is definitely not normal. You could have ran over something or maybe check if there are any cracks on your rim?

blackcord

Reaction score
Put some soapy water in a spray bottle and spray the entire tire down (especially around the bead area). That should pinpoint where the leak is coming from.

Narftastic

Reaction score
That's not normal you might have a slow leak or ur rim might be cracked.... In the time u had the wheels on, did u hit any bad bumps/potholes?

factorviii

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, tire looked low so I checked it. It had like 0psi lol, I filled it up then a few days after it was at 10psi. Turns out I had 2 nails in the tire.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Check your valve stems also. Mine got stuck open and leaked air. But def spray soapy water round the bead and look for leaks

Stee-Bo

Reaction score
damn you guys are scaring me with the cracked rim response, ill get it checked out this weekend

Stee-Bo

Reaction score
and yeah from being pretty damn low im always hitting bumps, even though i try my best to avoid them

I just got in from checking the psi it went from 41 to 36 in two days, **** so sick of car problems

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
Most likely a crack or something on the wheel. My PSI only reduces 2 or 3 psi every month, so what's happening to you is definitely abnormal.

Just head to a tire shop to remove the tire and inspect the wheel.

Back