Talk about quality.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

finch13

Reaction score
Also before anyone starts raging on the quality of the coilovers, every company uses some generic parts in their suspension to keep costs as low as possible for both consumer and producer purposes. I'd rather have a 10 cent screw break than a 400 dollar shock.

And what would you do if the 10 cent screw breaks off IN the $400 shock?

turbo_911

Reaction score
I'd try Ace hardware or another small hardware store, they seem to carry more of the random nuts and bolts than the larger stores.

We don't have that... we only have one Lowe's and Home Depot near each other and its like 1 min from me lol.

wow, that's sh!tty. My worry with the locking perch was stripping the soft aluminum, i didn't think the screw would break. lol. I screwed mine in fairly tight too, i've had my perch come loose from normal driving (after i initially tightened them out of the box). In hindsight, in should have put some loctite in.

lol, i'm scared to even touch my coils now.

Well, if you tightened them again, now don't touch them because the screws WILL break...

-Bored? not really lol. Home depot is a 5 minute drive and their open till late.
-A bit tipsy and i should be sleeping as i have work in 5 hours..Yes lol.
-A bit cheesed off at the issues with the coils. Fudge yea.

Lol, you should go to sleep then :eek:

Andy said the size of the bolt was M6 and 1.25 or something like that.

Do you think he will send two free ones?

when you're paying as much as you guys have i think its reasonable to expect something of higher quality than that

Agree with you.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
If that were to happen I would utilize my lifetime warranty. :)

001Stunna

Reaction score
I believe i was told today it'd be cheaper to buy them at the local store then the cost of Andy shipping them out to you.

As for the lifetime warranty...be careful because if you ruin the sticker thats on the upper shock body under the rubber you might loose the lifetime warranty. As stated on the sticker "If this sticker is damaged warranty is void". The sticker notes the month and year shocks were build.

Yes, i inspected every nook and cranny of the stuff when i got them, without unbolting anything :)

Last edited:

Red02Accordv6_2

Reaction score
When I talked to Andy about these he mentioned to me that they sell them at Lowes or Home Depot. So they broke when tightening them? I don't think they need to be extremely tight, just tight enough to make the lock nut hug the shock.

Also before anyone starts raging on the quality of the coilovers, every company uses some generic parts in their suspension to keep costs as low as possible for both consumer and producer purposes. I'd rather have a 10 cent screw break than a 400 dollar shock.

dude, you know i have much respect for you but i think either you are 1. extremely gullible 2. paid/discounted product to promote amr 3. need to get off this guy's nuts.

The guy lied about shipping canadians84's coils, lied about being a customer on g20.net. He's been CAUGHT redhanded twice, how many other time has he lied and gotten away with it. lol. Honestly, I can't trust a word coming from this guy's mouth. I srsly doubt he'll honor the "lifetime warranty" 5-6 years or whatever down the line should his business still exist. In my mind, dude is a complete joke. /rant

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
you are SUPER lucky these aren't M7 thread. them *****es are impossible to find. google it and see :lawl:

why would they not be of a stronger material? aren't lower quality materials "left" for the F2s, et al, which was touted?

this isn't trolling, by the way. i dont have a problem with foreign stuff if its made right. this is one of those times when an extra 10 cents per screw shouldn't be an afterthought.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Try to see if you guys have Dale Hardware, they have that stuff too.

Nope, don't have that either lol, I live in very small city.

If that were to happen I would utilize my lifetime warranty. :)

That's what I did, emailed Andy.

I believe i was told today it'd be cheaper to buy them at the local store then the cost of Andy shipping them out to you.

As for the lifetime warranty...be careful because if you ruin the sticker thats on the upper shock body under the rubber you might loose the lifetime warranty. As stated on the sticker "If this sticker is damaged warranty is void". The sticker notes the month and year shocks were build.

Yes, i inspected every nook and cranny of the stuff when i got them, without unbolting anything :)

What? I am NOT wasting ANY more money... he should have those screws in stock and can ship in in an envelope and it will cost him 44 cents...

Also what sticker are you talking about? I didn't looked at them like you did lol and how could you damage the sticker?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
When I talked to Andy about these he mentioned to me that they sell them at Lowes or Home Depot. So they broke when tightening them? I don't think they need to be extremely tight, just tight enough to make the lock nut hug the shock.

Lol, I'm sorry, but it's ridiculous how much denial you are in over these coilovers. You're the perfect customer. You spend $1500, wait 6 months, put up with a knocking noise you can't identify, and brush off an unsafe product malfunction because it's totally acceptable to use an aluminum bolt to save 10 cents in a $1500 package haha.

But hey, at least you have that lifetime warranty. And if you ever needed to use it, you're already used to waiting for months to have the product show up!

Plenty of people and businesses make mistakes, or oversee something in their product, the difference in my opinion is that for some reason everyone provides excuses for AMR, and Andy always has some complicated reason for things, rather than just owning up to a mistake lol. My Teins have 70,000 miles on them and I've never had an issue. You guys have maybe 500 miles on your coilovers that you spent at least $350 more for haha, and you are all having random noises you can't diagnose and parts literally breaking off now. But AMR is supposed to be "top-notch quality" lol.

eta: i am in no way trying to claim teins are amazing lol, but for all of the brand-bashing that has gone on in order to make AMR's sound like the Jesus suspension, it's kind of funny to see all of this play out like a bad ebay seller from China. It sucks for those of you caught up in it, but it's hard to feel bad for the ones who are getting raped with a smile on their face instead of getting upset and expecting the quality they paid for

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back