turning my 02 v6 into the ultimate storm chasing vehicle

nyknick1015

Reaction score
you should trade in your car for a truck.

something tells me that a 6th gen accord isnt the best platform for what you want to use it for.

zombie-car-1.jpg

agreeing with everyone else... I HIGHLY DONT THINK U SHOULD USE AN ACCORD AS A STORM CHASING VEHICLE

Its not heavy enough... ive seen accords flip easy just under turning too hard... especially under high speeds that u need to go at.

Installing a wench on an accord is useless cuz it wont tow anything or pull it self out of anything... and i think you might just rip out the front of the frame... its not that reinforced as it should be...

i know at some point ur gonna hit some type of water like below and the accord is too short and not built say if u hit something liek this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dWYTtqQiwo&feature=player_embedded

honestly, i say take ur loss, and trade the accord for an older turbo deisel... u can prolly get some spare cash while ur at it too

sikjdm

Reaction score
yea i think it is good that some of us are telling him about other options, that is showing we actually care, because if we didn't, he might not make it through a storm and we don't want that. :knockonwood:

be careful out there man and let us know what you decide to do.

blkdout6

Reaction score
I appreciate everyones opinions but just so you all know i owe 11 grand on my car and it is already smashed up from hail. I have looked at trading it in but the dealers said its only worth 5500 and my rents dont want want me to get another car and smash it all up. Also when chasers use sedan fro chasing they dont beef up their suspension and tranny. The added weight isnt too much but it will definately help hold the car down

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Hmmm....owe 11G's on the car, and would spend xxx amount on turning it to a storm chasing vehicle.

Not sure how much storm chasing pays, but if you for some reason miss a payment or two on the car and they come to repossess it, and it's been converted to a 'storm chaser', how much would it be worth then, and wouldn't you owe that much more on it, if so?

I'm not knocking your dream, I'm sure you have it all planned out, I'm just curious to see how all this goes, and would definately like to see your dream work out.

Don't take my questions personally.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
so you owe 6grand more than its worth and your idea is to put more money into the vehicle and completely destroy any resale value... that doesn't sound like the best idea to me.

if i were you i'd focus on getting your financial situation in order, finding a vehicle with a great platform for chasing storms, getting a group of individuals to help you pay for it and everything else that will be needed to make it safe and secure when the debris starts flying.

right now all your mods to the accord will be completely custom, they will require lots of fabrication and i honestly doubt that the v6, with the automatic transmission, will have the power to get you out of harms way as is, and an even reduced chance with all that extra weight on the vehicle.

I think you're just flying by the seat of your pants and dreaming on cloud nine at the moment, and you really need to look at what most of us are saying because it is not only logical, its common sense.

blkdout6

Reaction score
lol its ok. My parents took over the payments since i am a full time college student. Plus i bought my first 4 cars and they gave my sis a 14 grand crv so they are paying for mine.

TheHunter

Reaction score
What I CANT BELIEVE no one has said here is going to be your biggest problem of all with using an Accord for storm chasing. The car is a front wheel drive with NO limited slip differential. What this means is if you go off the road at all, hit some mud, or go anywhere, you'll start spinning one tire like crazy and never get out of there. That's what I'd worry about most of all.

That being said this is a pretty cool idea, so I hope you figure something out, whether its actually modifying your car or getting a new one. Storm chasing is really cool.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I CANT BELIEVE no one has said here is going to be your biggest problem of all with using an Accord for storm chasing. The car is a front wheel drive with NO limited slip differential. What this means is if you go off the road at all, hit some mud, or go anywhere, you'll start spinning one tire like crazy and never get out of there. That's what I'd worry about most of all.

That being said this is a pretty cool idea, so I hope you figure something out, whether its actually modifying your car or getting a new one. Storm chasing is really cool.

/thread. :lawl:

blkdout6

Reaction score
haha well i have dropped it in a ditch full of mud before and its just creeped threw it and pulled its self right out of the ditch but. you couldnt really tell the car was black lol

Back