What'd you do to your accord today?

JV6

Reaction score
Since you guys mention uca hitting tower strut bar area, is there way to get rid of this cause whenever I go over small bumps I can hear it hit. It's only driver side happening though, been going on for 2 years but just curious. When I lift the car up I notice the passenger side upper control arm sits bit lower where the driver side is bit higher closer to the top.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Gotta cut where it is hitting. Just fab some metal to cover where you cut.

If I'm correct sleeper cell has a mean setup done.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Since you guys mention uca hitting tower strut bar area, is there way to get rid of this cause whenever I go over small bumps I can hear it hit. It's only driver side happening though, been going on for 2 years but just curious. When I lift the car up I notice the passenger side upper control arm sits bit lower where the driver side is bit higher closer to the top.

This can be done.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?p=944132#post944132

I've been emailing a fabrication shop about it for the past couple of days. I'll probably get it done soon. Both sides hit for me but more so on the driver side.

JV6

Reaction score
Gotta cut where it is hitting. Just fab some metal to cover where you cut.

If I'm correct sleeper cell has a mean setup done.

This can be done.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?p=944132#post944132

I've been emailing a fabrication shop about it for the past couple of days. I'll probably get it done soon. Both sides hit for me but more so on the driver side.

Aight thanks guys, I might end up doing this if it's my only other option. Is there any side effects for the car from doing this? I'll post up here to keep you guys updated if I do carry out this procedure.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
It does say that it they will all fit other Honda models, but the one that we found fits the 6th Gen best, is the Prelude one. The bracket in the last pic, fits to our bumper perfectly.

The last pic, I got from ebay.ca the list price is $165.99CA with free shipping.

So they're universal but the bracket fits better? You gotta cut out a hole anyways so can't you cut the hole to fit a different bracket?
Or does the inside of the bumper have a little outline for the rear fogs like the BB6 does or did you make your own template?

Post pics :)

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Aight thanks guys, I might end up doing this if it's my only other option. Is there any side effects for the car from doing this? I'll post up here to keep you guys updated if I do carry out this procedure.

Mock it up nicely, dont make it too high so it doesn't come in contact with the hood, dont make it to small so it still hits. No aide effects, but a hump on the strut tower haha.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
i cut a square in mine, however i do suggest you do it this way. itll save some time since all youd have to do is weld some sides to it. i wish i would have thought about this

*ignore the last pic at the end. youll get what im saying when he bends the metal up

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
i cut a square in mine, however i do suggest you do it this way. itll save some time since all youd have to do is weld some sides to it. i wish i would have thought about this

*ignore the last pic at the end. youll get what im saying when he bends the metal up

I know what you mean. Good idea. Basically lift up the tab that's cut and just weld 3 sides so it could look something like this:

f7a38525.jpg

Back