★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! *UPDATED 10/10/10*

Found some compression calculators which will help me determine the answer. Still waiting to hear from the shop about the block. Still wondering about coils.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Now i would imagine that no matter what setting you have the coils on that it will not make a difference due to the same weight being on them. I haven't adjusted my coils since i got them, and have had no problems whatsoever when it sits in the garage for months on end (in the winter). You will be fine no matter what you do. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong.....

Steverino

Reaction score

Your coils are fine without adjusting them for storage. Your car's weight is on the coilovers 99% of the time and they probably sat in storage in stasis for a year before you bought them.

If you want some peace of mind, you could raise the car a bit so that about 60% of the weight is on the coilovers, but I don't see a large benefit in doing so.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score

the coilover question is a bit silly if you were going to do anything I would put the car on jackstands or blocks so the tires dont get flat spots. driving the car would be worse than storing it far as suspension goes.

have you gotten any quotes on rods yet? have you called bisi?

mraw112

Reaction score

http://www.zealautowerks.com/hfseries.html

This is my favorite compression calculator out there, and its really great since it has all of the stock honda values in there. The k20 rod is 2mm shorter that f23 so its going to lower your compression to about 7.5 which is pretty damn low. But... since the piston is sitting 2mm lower, you can deck the block 2mm so you would have the same compression ratio as the f23 rods. This might mess with your timing belt tension, but im sure the tensioner will get rid of the excess slack created.

Atreidies

Reaction score

http://www.zealautowerks.com/hfseries.html

This is my favorite compression calculator out there, and its really great since it has all of the stock honda values in there. The k20 rod is 2mm shorter that f23 so its going to lower your compression to about 7.5 which is pretty damn low. But... since the piston is sitting 2mm lower, you can deck the block 2mm so you would have the same compression ratio as the f23 rods. This might mess with your timing belt tension, but im sure the tensioner will get rid of the excess slack created.

Milling will also have an effect on cam timing. I think you retard cam timing 1* for every mm you mill. Not 100% sure about that though. I'll look into it and get back. You could also consider running a thinner headgasket to bump compression. Cometic will make just about anything you need.

Erik123456789

Reaction score

^^ using k20 rods is pretty much gonna make the whole "money saving" plan pointless.. you should just get the f23 rods and avoid doing all these extra little things because im sure they will add up to more than the 300$ you'll be saving. And even if it does end up being a little cheaper its always best to keep your stock specs for reliability.. they design engines a certain way for a reason.

Back