5-speed swap pics

Lloyd

Reaction score
That's a magnetic drain plug. It picks up tiny metal fragments that wear off the internal gears and keeps them from acting as abrasives in the fluid, shortening tranny life.

We're seeing the fragment sludge following the lines of the plug's magnetic field

CHID0

Reaction score
Way to do it yourself! Take your time on the wiring, for me it was the most stressful part of the swap.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Whoa awesome man, congrats on doing it yourself and on a clean install! Good luck finishing the wiring part! For future reference, you can just update your first post and add pics/text instead of making a new post for each new picture in a row. :thumbsup:.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Just reading some of the difficulties you had makes me realize just how frusterated I would be and how I'd never do this myself. I'm just too damn impatient. Huge congratulations to you though, man.
I believe your car is the first swapped red 5spd coupe I've seen, nice work! :thumbsup:

btw if that is 3 years of filings, did you just never remove them when you drain/filled your trans fluid?

Last edited:

bjorkmae

Reaction score
OK I am going to be doing the same thing shortly. Today I bought the tranny from a 98 accord 4cyl, ordered the jack shaft, and got the shifter cables, got the ignition cylinder, key, and manual computer from the same car, ordered the flywheel and clutch pedal assembly. So the ordered parts will be in tomorrow, just need the starter and driver's side axle. BTW all parts have 56k miles on them and I paid under $500 for everything. My auto tranny has less than 8k miles on the rebuild and is working perfectly how much do you guys think I can sell it for private party? Some detailed info on the wiring would be great as the only write up I have seen on a 5 speed swap has a link to a wiring diagram and the link doesn't work. So details there would be great, perhaps pictures too since I don't have the wiring pigtail for the VSS on the manual tranny just the sensor itself. Also something about switching some wiring pins on the wiring harness that goes to the computer? I have done a few auto to manual swaps but this is the first one with a car that has a computer chip in the key.

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Doing the swap this weekend. Have everything I need including wiring diagrams and vss pigtail.

Back