Accord coupe CG2 dash swap.

tnv72

Reaction score
What yr is your accord? Did all the plugs fit, Im doing the swap now and have one plug that didn't fit on the driver side.

DH48

Reaction score
Papers i got with the car say built in 2000. Had no problems.

What plug is it exactly ? The fusebox is the same as on the CL-s

Ou CL-s was a 2001 car OBD2 not the first OBD2...was it a or b ?

tnv72

Reaction score
So I'm running a 98 accord j32a2 spd, swap in the instrument harness A. There was a blue plug that didn't fit so I also swap out the instrument harness B that have the blue plug that fit. Then I had a gray plug, c302 that didnt fit, it goes to the left engine harness (from accord model) cl-s is c303

Brad2274

Reaction score
i was wondering about the dash in a 99 v6, guessing youd need an airbag from a 2g tl since the cl is dual stage airbag

LegendaryT2

Reaction score
Ok I see this is a coupe would this work from a TL to accord V6 EX sedan? And since I have intent of doing a MT swap, would the CL MT dash would fit?

Brad2274

Reaction score
i think the tl and cl dashes are the same, they had the same part number, but i dont know if coupe and sedan accord dashes are the same. manual dash just has a different cluster and center console i think.

LegendaryT2

Reaction score
i think the tl and cl dashes are the same, they had the same part number, but i dont know if coupe and sedan accord dashes are the same. manual dash just has a different cluster and center console i think.

Ok the manual dash thing can get figured out later, but I am actively looking for the TL since I would need the rear door panels and seats. So the dash and everything would really be a major concern to know if it is in fact possible as per ur post. Can anyone find out as per part numbers or anything if it is in fact possible?

tnv72

Reaction score
I have both the TL and CL dash and they are the same. Fit the coupe very welll, but the wire harness for each one is a bit different. If you are planning to do a 6spd swap (just spd or j32a2 six speed), you will run into some troubles. I will be repinning everything this weekend to see if i can get it to work. My current setup is J32A2 tls motor, engine harness, richies harness, cls dash with both A and B dash harness, accord left and right instrument harness. Most of it plug up correctly (except one), but from the documents, the pinout are not the same.

Back