Accord coupe CG2 dash swap.

NASOHC

Reaction score
Old thread.... just noticed it :/

Awesome Mod!!! Props to you man for taking on this project and contributing to forum!!!

BLK98AV^

Reaction score
Old thread.... just noticed it :/

Awesome Mod!!! Props to you man for taking on this project and contributing to forum!!!

Only problem with it is the dash I wanted to get someone has swiped the air bag and now there are pieces missing with it, plus my money isn't right at the time. UGH

LegendaryT2

Reaction score
I'm back and forth with the car. I'm 50/50 on keeping it, and neither do I have the space for the work. But if I do come across a full complete set and the space to work on it I would love to tackle it. Only issue I know I would run into is the electricals and if everything would plug up and fit fine. Also anyone has any idea if the TL door panels would work on the Accord sedan.

FNCONE

Reaction score
THANK YOU DH48, I always wanted to try this and didn't. You Took a try and succeeded. I got my swap ready thanks to your motivation. I
MyTLDashboard2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]ma try to tackle this next week hopefully

tknightt

Reaction score
does anyone know if the CL/TL 98-03 cluster has temperature reading directly from the ECT (like 6GA 98-99) or from the ECU (like 6GA 00-02)

Would help knowing if swaping into a 98 4cyl MT EX would work or not, fitment is not an issue. Compatibility would be between the cluster (MT to AT) and the climate control (manual to digital).

tknightt

Reaction score
In case anyone else is interested I did some reasearch. I was able to find the service manual for 2ng gen TL and the service manual for our 6th gen.

the 99 TL (or CL) have the same ECT wiring as 98-99 6GA (cluster directly to sending unit). The 00-03 TL have the same wiring as the 01-02 6GA. To be considered for thoses interested in this swap and want to retain use of the engine temperature gauge on the cluster.

Brad2274

Reaction score
i just finished the swap, i have no temp even though i hookde it up, ill be pulling the cluster to check my wiring but it could be the cluster since i have no fuel either.
btw i can get any diagrams or pin outs from 99 av6 or 03 tl, i bought alldata subscriptions for them.
you could probably hook up ac by just wiring up on/off, defrost, temp input, recirc, and blower speed but idk about the modes

Back