DIY: "Boat look" Remedy for Accords on Lowering Springs

quante69_143

Reaction score
I bought H&R springs with the 1.75'' rear and 2.25'' drop in the front and I was really hoping I wouldn't have the boat look. I was so pissed when I lowered the lift and noticed how obvious it was. I'm going to finally try the remedy tonight. the forks are only like 40 bucks a piece, so if I ever wanted to return it to stock, its no big deal.

Give it a week ...... maybe the front didn't settle yet? I

silverbullet99

Reaction score
just got one side done. gives me a chance to paint my calipers too while I'm at it. I used a dremel and probably spent an hour boring out the fork. after about 5 tries, I finally bored it enough and the strut slid all the way down. the damn dremel gets hot fast so I gotta stop and let it cool down every 10-15 mins. if I do this again on my other 6thgen, I will definitely buy a grinder like the OP had. will upload pics when I get a chance.....

silverbullet99

Reaction score
well, got 95% of the way on the 2nd fork (needs to slide down like 2mm more) and my damn dremel burnt out!!! for the record, it was a craftsman, not an actual dremel lol so I think im done for the day. I'm going out tonight to buy a new one, probably wrap it up tomorrow. glad I have 2 accords otherwise I'd be walking quite a ways to buy the dremel....

quante69_143

Reaction score
well, got 95% of the way on the 2nd fork (needs to slide down like 2mm more) and my damn dremel burnt out!!! for the record, it was a craftsman, not an actual dremel lol so I think im done for the day. I'm going out tonight to buy a new one, probably wrap it up tomorrow. glad I have 2 accords otherwise I'd be walking quite a ways to buy the dremel....

whats the update on this?

2kaccord

Reaction score
so what did you do about the indent on the shock?
the one that allows the 14mm bolt to fit throught the a arm

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
That indent, or lack of indent, does not prevent the bolt from being properly inserted accross that area. Even if the indent is not there or doesn't line up, the bolt can still go through and then be tightened from my experience. "If it doesn't fit - make it fit" principle applies here. If the bolt is having a tough time, bang it in, trust me, it won't damage the shock. Good luck!

Back