I Give Up. Help Me Out?

WestKoastHonda

Reaction score
So im attempting to install my Type 1's and I keep failing back to back...

First Attempt... Wrenches were rounded at the tip so I couldnt adjust them.. went around looking for replacements at hardware stores... of course their crap doesnt work... So i moved on to the old flat head & hammer method.. that killed off a sht ton of time.

Second attempt ... I find out my socket set is basically a P.O.S. since it doesnt have what I Need...

3rd attempt... I bought a new kolbalt set ... get all excited :badger: ... and I cant even remove the damn bolts under the hood. Tried WD40, eating more spinach.. all that bull..

& i give up...

Is there anyone in Socal that would like to help a brotha out with installing these... I'll drive to you (as long as you're not far as hell), lunch, dinner, brunch, beer, whatever you want Is on me as long as its cheaper than a shop.

...also if you have wrenches, that would be good too

Thanks, KC.

Narftastic

Reaction score
Did you try spraying PB blaster on them?
also after u spray you could hit (not that hard, just a little) the bolt with a hammer to loosen things up.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Don't hit the bolt itself with a hammer by any means..

You don't want to mangle or ruin ANY threads on the current tophats.

If anything, take a socket, put it on the nut, then tap it to see if that helps. The nuts have a collar at bottom so with a socket on it, it puts even pressure on the bottom collar and can perhaps break it loose a little. I would just use PB blaster and strength.. It's gotta be able to come off.

EDIT: If you don't have PB blaster - go friggen buy some!

Back