Tweeter upgrade?

PaulD

Reaction score
for ease of mounting, the only other spots would be the A-pillars or the kicks panels i think...going with a midrange, i'm hoping to mitigate some of the reflections caused by the tweeter's wide dispersion. i realllllly dont want to deal with the windshield. bateman balls... :lawl:

reversing the polarity (flipping the wave) should cause some cancellation, if its at 180 degrees to the other speaker...i think...

bateman balls are good for eliminating early reflections.

the cancellation will only occur at the crossover point and small freq spectrum around (maybe 1/2 - 1 oct or so), where the two speakers are playing the same frequencies at a high enough level to matter.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the main reason i never messed with the spheres was it would have taken the same amount of equipment being put in the car and the same mods required to install the 3" mids. middle of winter...not going to happen :lawl:

PaulD

Reaction score
I would like to try them for fun, see how it turns out. The only problem is that they will look anything but stock.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
maybe hot glue some brown (or black) grille cloth around them...? i dont know how well it would turn out, due to the shape.

i have some stainless bowls for my 3"s...dont know if i'll leave em or cover em. i kinda want to do a grille as well, so they dont attract attention and i dont get into accidents staring at the beautiful cones and phase plugs... :lawl:

NASOHC

Reaction score
My car is LOUD inside; loud exhaust tone, loud vibration sound from stiff mounts - I needed some decent tunes to block off the noise.

I have a similar decent system IMO: Pioneer DVD/NAV, Kicker 4 ch. amp and replacement Eclipse speakers and tweeters. It's not a bass head/loud system - just sounds loud enough, clear and crisp. I listen to all kinds of mucis and for what it is - it's 10x better than stock.

My system was re-wired directly to each component (recomended) along with power supply etc. A little more bass wouldn't be bad but for now, it's a lot better than stock.

Back