Unoffcial 5Spd swap list

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Don't you just love karma. It can slap you in the face in minutes or jump out of the blue years later and kick you in the nuts. :p

SuperMidget

Reaction score
Sooo. some questions

Doing the 5 speed swap with a H22 trans, and so far what I understood from this 'now'-confusing list is I can reuse my driver's side axle (and intermediate shaft from my auto? If it has one?) Which contradicts your DIY guide, Badger, see below
75. the intermediate shaft need to be installed onto the block before your new driverside axle can be put in. just slide the shaft all the way into the tranny and match the bolt holes up and install the bolts.

Seems like people are posting mi-nute differents in different threads/forums

F23A1AT

Reaction score
You will not be able to use the drivers side axle you have to get the drivers side axle and the intermediate shaft for that side. The only axle you can reuse is the passenger side axle.

perspective

Reaction score
The list helped ALOT thanks very helpful info , I ordered almost everything buut have a small question Do I need the clutch housing ( swaping from auto to 5 speed) is not in the list .
I'm a newbie here :wub:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
The list helped ALOT thanks very helpful info , I ordered almost everything buut have a small question Do I need the clutch housing ( swaping from auto to 5 speed) is not in the list .
I'm a newbie here :wub:

It is supposed to be part of the transmission.

Revels64

Reaction score
I am planing on doing this swap over the Christmas holidays. I am lucky and found an whole 5 speed parts car. it got t-boned on the passenger side and a pillar got bent in a little bit. got the car for dirt cheap. I seen a few pages back some talk about the reverse lights. I am going to switch out the ECUs . will i be covered and still have my reverse lights with the swap is all done? 4 spd A/T to the 5spd M/t

perspective

Reaction score
Ok , the clutch pedal has two connectors. Since I'm swapping it from auto to manual those connectors that attach to the pedal shouldn't be there. Pretty sure these are very important, how can i connect these to my car ???:skurred:

Back