DIY: "Boat look" Remedy for Accords on Lowering Springs

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Knowing Eibach and using their products, I am going to guess that they didn't change anything. This is because without modding, the car has just the right amount of ground clearance to not have to deal with the negatives of driving a lowered car. Right after I did this, I noticed I bottomed out much more and had to avoid certain driveways, etc. I don't mind personally but I know that on every car I have driven with Pro Kit springs, that is the experience. I swear they design these springs around ground clearance and everyday challenges of lowered cars.

02J4accord

Reaction score
I may be goin this mod after I instal my sportlines at the end of the month. lll see what the fender gaps are and make a dicision based on that. Ill post before and after pics if I go through with it. It seems pretty safe to me for a DD. I also plan on makeing a set of extended top hats that I will also post pics of. Ill be doin all the fabrication myself.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Let us know and post pics!

Make sure you don't grind too much into one side or other, keep the bore round and uniform. That's the only issue I can foresee. It's really tough metal so be prepared for an intense session.

Omega83

Reaction score
Wish I had seen this before I spent almost $1000 for a set of coilovers!!!

I've hated that the rear of my car sat slightly lower than the front for years ,but since my struts aren't adjustible never knew there was anything I could do about it.

Great wright up though... very thorough and original!

Master Shake

Reaction score
my buddy had a 6ga sedan and we always messed with him so bad :poke: cause his car looked that but then again he did have 2x 12"s with a huge custom made box, an xbox, game rack, neons, nitrous bottle and a butt load of crap in the trunk at ALL times so we figured that was the problem... drove me nuts though i cant stand the boat look, nice writeup

silverbullet99

Reaction score
I bought H&R springs with the 1.75'' rear and 2.25'' drop in the front and I was really hoping I wouldn't have the boat look. I was so pissed when I lowered the lift and noticed how obvious it was. I'm going to finally try the remedy tonight. the forks are only like 40 bucks a piece, so if I ever wanted to return it to stock, its no big deal.

Back