N/A to FI: AFAccord's 10:1 Comp Turbo F23 Build Thread/Restoration

AFAccord

Reaction score
Jason, congrats on the awesome numbers. I haven't checked on the thread in awhile.

I see there was some stuff the thread could have done without, but nonsense aside, the build proved to be solid.

Still running well with no issues, I take it?

Thanks buddy. She's running great with almost 700 miles on the clock!

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Great to see a video of it running and driving though!

Redlining much? :lawl: I'm guessing getting used to the power takes some practice, especially at WOT.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Great to see a video of it running and driving though!

Redlining much? :lawl: I'm guessing getting used to the power takes some practice, especially at WOT.

The new redline is set at 7000rpm (reads as 7200rpm on the tach) since it still made power up to that area, and I have the valve train to support it.

The pull videos really don't do it justice since I didn't have the high boost switch connected yet. Plus, with the tall gears it seems as if the rpms climb slowly, but the speed is what comes up quick.

AFAccord

Reaction score
In preparation for taking the car to Germany, I've got to start shopping for a few specialty items.

1. I'd like to find a rear bumper that fits the european plates, but the Euro (and maybe Japanese for all I know) 6th gen Accord are a completely different body style, so I don't think I'll find what I'm looking for.

2. I need to look into some new springs or coilovers. As the car sits now, it's probably going to be too low to pass inspection. My first and cheapest option is to install the stock springs on the car to raise it back up, then throw my Sportlines in with my TMO shipment and swap them in after I get the car inspected and registered. I really like the Sportline/Illumina combo I have now; I don't want to lose the adjustable dampening, and there's no signs of fatigue as it is now. Another option would be to go ahead and pick up some Ground Control coilovers so I can just raise and lower the car as I please. These aren't but $400 or so, right? My only concern is that the car rides and handles just as well mannered as it does now. I'm not considering full coilovers at this point due to price and necessity.

3. I need to raise my FMIC setup. Unfortunately the charge pipe from the turbo is welded as one piece, and the TB side is two pieces. I'd rather not cut into my bumper support, but that might be my only option right now. I'll probably cut about 70-90% of it out and mount the IC brackets to the top rather than the bottom like it is now. That should easily move the IC up roughly 3", which should be plenty. The charge pipe going to the turbo probably won't be so easy, unless I can change my 90* 2"-2.5" coupler to a 45" coupler and just modify the end of the pipe that meets the turbo.

4. I love the sound and volume of the car as it is now, but there is a 95dB limit for inspection. I'll likely try to find a place in NC to test the volume beforehand (they don't do inspections in SC) just to see where I'm at. The car is much louder after a cold start, then quiets down as it comes up to operating temp. If they just run the car at a steady RPM for the test, I might be ok since the volume seems to increase linearly with RPM. I'd really rather not cut my piping to install a resonator at this point. That just seems to always open a bag of worms, and leads to a nasty looking exhaust system with lots of joints and welds.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
The European bumpers are available in England, I would talk to Ubik, and I think there are a few others, maybe someone from Australia can confirm if theirs' look like that? I know the European ones do.. There ARE genuine 6thgens in Europe, not just Torneo-style Euro Accords.

Back